As JCPS begins discussions on returning to in-person learning, student safety will remain our top priority. In order to better understand the learning needs of each student, we ask that families select either the In-Person or Virtual Learning option for their student. Click on the Make Your Selection bar below and complete the form that follows.
Here are descriptions of what students will experience in each option. Families must choose between the In-Person or Virtual Learning options.
JCPS In-Person School Instruction
- Daily health screenings, including temperature checks for all students and staff as they enter the school building.
- Social distancing in common areas with signs and floors marked for safe distance.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the school and in every classroom.
- All students (Pre-K through 12th grade) required to wear masks at all times except when eating/drinking (unless a medical waiver is on file at the school). Masks will be provided for those who do not bring their own.
- Increased cleaning protocols in all areas of the school.
- Increased frequency of hand washing.
- Limited group gatherings.
JCPS Virtual School-Based Option
- Instruction will be delivered virtually by JCPS teachers.
- Savvas Realize will be the instructional content resource. The resources offered during NTI 2.0 will also still be available.
- Google Classroom will be used as the learning platform.
- Students will use Google Meet or Microsoft Teams to participate in live online instruction.
- Students will be able to participate in extracurricular activities and sports offered at their school.
- G/T, AP, ECE, ESL services will be provided.
- Food services will be offered throughout the week.
- It's recommended that students selecting the virtual learning option remain in the online classes through the end of the semester.